Super Stash Sale

"

Rude much?

How exactly pointing out at company's shortcomings and asking to fix them is "rude"?
Failed Fragments tab promo was broken for months. It was reported via support, on reddit, in comments under their YT video preview (notice how many dislikes it has), in comments under stash sales regularly.
It's still not fixed - only a smallest thing to update single screenshot and 30 second video showing actual stash contents.
Last edited by kassigainen on Nov 22, 2019, 6:04:50 AM
"
kassigainen wrote:
"
Walltrigger wrote:
So because you had to wait one more day to get free mtx, you consider twitch drops a fiasco? Have fun never getting free mtx ever again because of your reaction.

A lot of people got nothing (and they not even been eligible for drops despite being "connected" in account management). A lot of dummy accounts with 0 view time on twitch views got multiple drops - it's clearly technical failure and event fiasco. GGG not addressed this and pretends that nothing happened.
"Have fun never getting free mtx ever again" - in order to "have fun getting free mtx again" we needed to get that "free" mtx in the first place. At least inform yourself about what happened with this event before you start blurting random thoughts next time.

Also I like how you only focus on drops part but completely ignored other points - nothing to say much to defend GGG incompetence in those cases?

"Alot of people got nothing" Thats what 1.5% every 5min means. Just because you watched 5h doesnt make it 100% suddenly. I did set up twitch - poe connection years ago when we had the first twitch drops event. Didnt have to do anything now and still got drops. What is more likely, a technical failure of something that has worked years ago or people being mad because they didnt realise 1.5% isnt 100% after a certain amount of view time?

Why would I need to adress your other points if I want to focus on the one that seems flawed? Reminding them that something needs updating is one thing, believing that everything can be fixed in no time is another. There are feedback forums for the stuff anyway. Why post it in news?
Last edited by Walltrigger on Nov 22, 2019, 6:58:12 AM
"
Walltrigger wrote:

Why would I need to adress your other points if I want to focus on the one that seems flawed? Reminding them that something needs updating is one thing, believing that everything can be fixed in no time is another. There are feedback forums for the stuff anyway. Why post it in news?

And ignoring another point about this failed event again. Nice.
Your whole theory about 1.5% drop chance for every 5 minutes breaks to pieces if you read carefully linked reddit thread. If drops worked as intended, how was it possible for dummy accounts with 0 watch time on twitch get not even one - multiple rewards?
GGG eligibility detection system was clearly broken, that thread with screenshots and reports is the evidence of it. That's why a lot of people received nothing - they weren't even counted as participants in the first place, not because of chances to get nothing (the possibility of that existed but not in the observed magnitude with many hundreds complaining).
Last edited by kassigainen on Nov 22, 2019, 7:14:42 AM
Before I buy any more stash tabs, does anyone know if our stash tabs will be carried over to PoE2 or do we have to buy new ones for that when it launches?

"
kassigainen wrote:

It's small thing like this or Twitch drops fiasco or your broken Steam currency conversion rates that discourage players from giving you any more money.

Twitch drops were a total fail.
I heard about the Twitch drop fail. It would have been nice to know that they were even streaming it on Twitch. I would have watched. I only heard about it from a tweet that was made on the last day, and because of the timezone, by the time I saw it, the whole damn thing was over. They should have clearly announced the Twitch stream on Facebook, Twitter and their homepage BEFORE the stream.
Art Videos: www.YouTube.com/RoxaneLapa
PoE Fan Art Entry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3378532/page/10#p24998980
"
steelsoldier wrote:
I actually needed a couple of stash tabs, so I might as well :)

I do too but am still and forever boycotting mtx until:

1. GGG addresses and fixes trading (current trade chat forever sucks).
2. Fix bad QoP (meaning get the hell off of Networklayer fiber)

Even this morning (November 22nd at 8:15am EST) as I type this post I'm experiencing horrible delays just trying to access the forums. For example, clicking the Q button to reply to this post and I had to wait over 15 seconds for the login screen to come up. The captcha came up quick and gave me the green check mark with no delays, then after I clicked on the login button another long > 10 second wait to get back here to start typing.

Let's see if I can tell why (as if I didn't already know):

WinMTR

Yawn... same old clean link to Houston and then from there to Dallas PoE realm (Softlayer data center) is bad. The "dal03" hop (Nr=12) is always the worst so no change from last year or several years, etc. Keep in mind this is just a trace route test that uses the ICMP function of a router and since that is usually set to a very low priority the % loss of packets is inflated so one has to take these test numbers with a huge grain of salt. There is 0 way I could ever play PoE if the real game data packet loss was anywhere close to this % of loss yet I do. The main point of running WinMTR is to get a general idea of how bad the Networklayer backbone is at the specific time PoE is lagging/freezing etc.

But wait, that's the test address that GGG wants us to use to test for our playing of PoE. I'm just typing in the forum:

www.pathofexile.com

Hmmm... that's certainly short and cryptic. Where is 104.19.186.16?

Cloudflare. According to this they have 3 data centers in the US so I would presume given my location in SW Florida that it would route me to the Ashburn Virginia data center but there is no way to confirm this.

Cloudflare is the company GGG uses to prevent DDOS attacks on their website so I can only see that my PoE forum use goes to Cloudflare with 0% packet loss. From there to the final destination (the PoE forum servers) is hidden to protect against DDOS attacks and thus we have no way to tell where that is. From many other discussion threads over the years I have learned that the PoE forum servers are also in Dallas (makes sense) so at some point my communications link is handed off from Cloudflare back to Networklayer to get to the Softlayer data center (PoE realm) in Dallas.

All this just to once again show that Networklayer Internet fiber service sucks. Come on IBM Cloud, you bought Networklayer last year so upgrade the damn Networklayer infrastructure!

Now you see why I'm boycotting any mtx purchases.

End of venting about bad PoE QoS/QoP.

Have a great day.  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 22, 2019, 8:35:50 AM
"
kassigainen wrote:
Fragments Tab preview still hasn't been fixed despite reports.

It is that hard to update 30 second YT video or make a new screenshot for store? Maybe you need help with that?

It's small thing like this or Twitch drops fiasco or your broken Steam currency conversion rates that discourage players from giving you any more money.

There is no way any real player will be discouraged by any of the things you just said. Go cry somewhere else.
"

There is no way any real player will be discouraged by any of the things you just said. Go cry somewhere else.

This works both ways - go be white knight and defend company incompetence somewhere else.
It's because "defenders" like you who label any constructive feedback as "crying", broken shit is never fixed in reasonable time.
"
51R3N wrote:
Before I buy any more stash tabs, does anyone know if our stash tabs will be carried over to PoE2 or do we have to buy new ones for that when it launches?

"
kassigainen wrote:

Twitch drops were a total fail.
I heard about the Twitch drop fail. It would have been nice to know that they were even streaming it on Twitch. I would have watched. I only heard about it from a tweet that was made on the last day, and because of the timezone, by the time I saw it, the whole damn thing was over. They should have clearly announced the Twitch stream on Facebook, Twitter and their homepage be fore the stream.
PoE 1 and PoE 2 will be the exact same game. It’s patch 4.0 of the game and nothing more than a very large expansion. Calling it PoE 2 is only for marketing purposes. So yes, all MTX will remain when it launches in over a year from now. They also announced the stream I think 40 days in advance with a countdown on the home page. I don’t pay attention to the other sources you suggested, so I couldn’t say, but there were over 100k individuals who watched it at some point. You can also watch the recordings of the event on YouTube, video footage not on the livestream will be released as they s
I would sell my kidney for a skill gem stash tab.
Trying to buy some points on Steam to get some stashes but it's an infinite loading screen. Please fix, I'm trying to throw money at you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info