Swag Bag for ExileCon Attendees

Your not at Exilecon, you dont get the MTX - that's hardly unusual, lots of conventions have benefits to attendees.

There are many things in this game like this - I have some MTX's that will never be released again, simply because of how long I have been playing. To a new player showing up in the game today, they will never have access to those MTXs - is that unfair?

I think it's fine that a person that flew half way across the planet, to attend a convention, would have some exclusive benefits.

Now if GGG wanted to be more inclusive, my suggestion would be a general MTX, that is only available during the convention, and immediately gone after, so those who were around during it, could in some way show support.

Definitely not the devourer portal - or even a scaled down version, that would just rob the attendees of their exclusive portal, and make it feel less special.

But something small, that was available for only the duration of the convention, like a pet, or a hat, for $5, that atleast shows you were around and playing the game during that time. That would be cool.
"
Kunaak wrote:
Your not at Exilecon, you dont get the MTX - that's hardly unusual, lots of conventions have benefits to attendees.

There are many things in this game like this - I have some MTX's that will never be released again, simply because of how long I have been playing. To a new player showing up in the game today, they will never have access to those MTXs - is that unfair?

I think it's fine that a person that flew half way across the planet, to attend a convention, would have some exclusive benefits.

Now if GGG wanted to be more inclusive, my suggestion would be a general MTX, that is only available during the convention, and immediately gone after, so those who were around during it, could in some way show support.

Definitely not the devourer portal - or even a scaled down version, that would just rob the attendees of their exclusive portal, and make it feel less special.

But something small, that was available for only the duration of the convention, like a pet, or a hat, for $5, that atleast shows you were around and playing the game during that time. That would be cool.

We asked for a virtual ticket and didn't get anything. I agree that if you're there, get something exclusive. That's fine. Top tier. A virtual ticket would be second tier and go a long way. Right now it's all or nothing.

The demographic that can afford to go to this event is not that hard to figure out. My guess is that a good portion is folks coming over from Australia, and those that are flying from other parts of the world are most likely single and are not traveling with family. Those with families make up < 1% of attendees. After that would probably be couples but as soon as you throw kids in to the mix, like a lot of us here, it becomes exponentially more expensive - or impossible just by the age restriction alone - to participate.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Nov 11, 2019, 6:47:08 PM
I'm worried about this "free" microtransaction set..

specially with how twitch works with drops and things.

also, what about people that can't watch during that time? did you really think this in the whole picture?

"
Kunaak wrote:
it feel less special.

oh get over yourself, if you're going you're under the 1%.. which is already more than what currently players reach the endgame.

you're "special" in tencentggg eyes, why aren't you happy? you get a cool t-shirt and more goodies, plus you have access to things that the rest of us poor plebians can't get.

stop acting so entitled, you're already the 1% and wants more unique things?
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Nov 11, 2019, 6:46:34 PM
jfc with the jealousy. Some things...some things never change. I can't attend but love seeing what attendees are going to be getting.
Nice to hear GGG giveaway so much sutff, and I look forward to the Exilecon!

Btw, I'm an enthusiast of Portal effect! Too busy at work to attend the carnival. Hope GGG may release other kinds of microtransaction for heavy supporters in POE. Love POE so much!
"
cgexile wrote:
"
Kunaak wrote:

We asked for a virtual ticket and didn't get anything. I agree that if you're there, get something exclusive. That's fine. Top tier. A virtual ticket would be second tier and go a long way. Right now it's all or nothing.

The demographic that can afford to go to this event is not that hard to figure out. My guess is that a good portion is folks coming over from Australia, and those that are flying from other parts of the world are most likely single and are not traveling with family. Those with families make up < 1% of attendees. After that would probably be couples but as soon as you throw kids in to the mix, like a lot of us here, it becomes exponentially more expensive - or impossible just by the age restriction alone - to participate.

I think you'd be surprised how little Australians are going imo. I think it would mostly be Americans as usual. Would be great to get some demographics out of GGG post event!
"
Kind of disappointed that long-term heavy supporters cant get the ingame mtx at least some way or another... not everyone can make it to exilecon even though they would have liked to. That portal looks really good. Kinda bummed out now :(

na man i dont think exclusives are a bad thing. people who make the effort to go to exilecon absolutely deserve something cool ingame to show off. i dont mind this kind of thing.

that said i would prefer trade-able swag like they do with races, so even if we cant participate in the event, if we have the currency in game, we can still attain something really cool. some of my absolute favorite mtx combos in game include alternate art race rewards and i would be really sad if those werent attainable through trading, even tho ive never done a race myself.
Last edited by Titoisagod on Nov 11, 2019, 7:32:06 PM
shirts need to be more gory
Last edited by SoM on Nov 11, 2019, 7:48:11 PM
I am fine with the portal effect or Exilecon shirts for people who can make it to go there, but please let us get the Kitava shirt and the other stuff elsewehere!
Does anyone know what Streamers are going to be attending? I haven't heard of any, but I'm sure there are least a couple based upon the planned race etc...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info